9.30.2008

Vacation!

How excited was I when the moms said we were going on vacation? And that my brother AG was going to stay with our nice dog nanny, so it would just be me and the moms on the road?!

We drove for a while, then had to wait for a big boat to come. It was called a ferry. It was a short boat ride, and we had to ride in the middle of the boat so I didn't get to hang my head out the window in the ocean wind. When the moms cracked open a window a little bit, though, my nose was going a million miles an hour! The salt and the sea, yum!

When we arrived at a place called an "Inn," I was a little worried. I mean, I know the moms packed my blanket and my otter, but would there be anyplace for me to sleep? Or were we going back home at night? I didn't understand at first, but once they opened the door to our room, I quickly found my spot.

Soon enough, the moms found their spots, too - out on the balcony, overlooking the big ocean (they called it "Puget Sound") and drinking the red stuff - the good stuff. They appeared to enjoy themselves.
The next day, we went walking around a town called Langley. There was a music festival going on, which meant there were men with guitars and fiddles roaming around and playing jingly-jangly songs. I liked it. I got to meet a tall, dark, and handsome man of my own while walking in the sunshine.







He was very sweet, and I didn't even catch his name. Oh, well.


Finally, all that walking and sitting in my carrying bag (those moms, they snuck me in everywhere in that bag! Even a diner, where I sat in the bag on the floor by Glasses Mommy's feet! No one even knew I was there) got to be too much. I was sleepy, and it was time to head home.

It was back to the boat dock for us...to look at the water and wait for the ferry to come and carry us home.

No comments: