12.19.2008

Winter Wonderland

I know; it's been a while. I have been very busy healing up my legs, though, and so I have not been at my computer as often as I would like. But something happened this week that I just had to share. I have never seen it before, but it is cold and sharp and, well, wonderful. In a word: snow!


This is what it looked like when the Moms took AG and I for a walk this afternoon. The Moms skipped work - they called it a "snow day" - but they were working on their computers ALL DAY except around 1:00 Curly Mom said, "Hey, let's go outside!" Glasses Mom said, "OK! Let's get the jackets!" I thought they meant jackets for them, but then they took out a couple of small jackets and I realized they meant jackets for us! This is AG in his jacket, wrapping his leash around a tree. He can be very, very silly. When I mention going for a "walk," I should be clear: AG and the Mommies walked...I got carried, by Curly Mommy. The Moms said that I am still healing, that I am smaller and more delicate than AG, and that I might get cold faster. I don't know how fast AG got cold, but I was cold right away! I shivered and shivered, even though I had a big fleecy coat on. We didn't stay out long, because the moms wanted us to be warm.





When we got in, they dried off AG's fur, and made us put sweaters on. It was a little embarrassing. I don't like wearing a sweater, but the Moms said it's for the best. And I find that as much as I hate to admit it, they are usually right.



Later on, AG needed to go outside to use the facilities. I really, really wanted to go too! I ran to the door, pushed the hanging bell with my nose, and even barked! Glasses Mommy gave in (she always does!) and I ran outside super fast. The snow was super crunchy, and the air very still. I heard rustling in the bushes by the fence, and stood very still to try to find out what was there.
















I never did figure it out.


Almost right away, I felt cold down to my bones. As I walked through the snow, I tried not to put my feet down, but then I couldn't go anywhere! I didn't know what to do, so Glasses Mommy came and picked me up. She had a warm towel with her and she wrapped me up in it to get me warm.



The Moms took me inside, and dried me off. They put me on the heating pad (a square that's bigger than me and always soft and warm!) and then Glasses Mom put my sweater back on me. Darn it!














The only thing that made it better is that AG had to wear his sweater, too. He was a better sport about it, though. That was a first!


No comments: